CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ordained

"your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139:16

(To read the whole chapter)


Ten days! I have been counting down the number of days to June 7 for 8 1/2 months now. But as June 7 approaches (10 days away...in case you didn't catch that!) it is not June 7 that I anticipate anymore.

As I sit here, feeling much too tired to go into labor anytime today :o), the date I am anticipating now, is unknown to me.

My due date was the date set by man. It was the date that in our earthly wisdom we could pinpoint as the time God's miracle would be ready to enter this world.

The date that this little girl will have been growing for 40 weeks is sure. That is just 10 days away!

The date that she will enter this world and I will get to count her toes, kiss her cheeks, and find out who's nose she has...well, that remains a mystery.

But not to God. He has ordained that day. It has been set since before I knew I wanted her.

When I was pregnant with Rachel, we had decided on Monday, March 27, to be induced on Tuesday, March 28. I remember driving to the hospital on that morning and worrying that it wasn't right to choose her birthday. (To clarify...there were several reasons to induce but none were health related, I would not have had that worry if there had been a medical emergency!) Anyway, I mentioned my worry to Gary...what if this isn't the day God had planned? To which he replied, "Then it won't happen today."

Very good point.

And Rachel was born on that day. Not because we chose to induce, but because God had ordained it.

Three years later, here we are anxious to know what day God has ordained for our fifth little one. We are having fun talking about what day we would pick. She could share her Grandma's birthday, or mine. We are planning who to call to take the kids in the middle of the night, or the middle of the day. And getting even more anxious as we learned yesterday that I'm already 3cm and 80% effaced!!!! And we are waiting.

Waiting to see what day is already written in His book! We do know it's soon!

0 comments: